FAQ- Frequently Asked Questions
How can I send you my subject ?
Mainland France :
- We cover the expenses of sending your subject.
- You will receive a label by email to stick on your package.
- You will not have to pay anything for this shipment.
- You just need to take your package to a post office to confirm that it has been sent.
FRENCH OVERSEAS DEPARTMENTS AND EUROPE :
- You are responsible for the cost of sending your subject.
- Don’t forget to pack it securely and protect it.
- If it is a piece of embroidery, lace, canvas or scarf, please put it in a well closed bag before packing.
- Feel free to add tape so that your shipment is properly sealed.
What payment methods do you accept ?
We accept payment by cheque, bank transfer, bank card (debit card) and PayPal.
Is the payment secure ?
Payment by debit card is completely secure.
We use the PayPal system which offers every safeguard.
If you choose to pay by cheque, it will only be banked once the framing process is complete.
What is the average manufacturing time ?
It takes us approximately ten days to manufacture our frames, starting from the payment and receipt of the subject to be framed.
We also offer a rapid framing service, but you must tell us when you make your order.
In addition, we will send you a photo of the finished work before sending it to you.
Why are there no prices on the website ?
All our creations are handcrafted and bespoke. It is therefore difficult to set standard prices.
We provide a quote for all our creations.
Does craftmanship have to be expensive ?
We offer bespoke frames delivered to your home in France at an all-in cost from €44.
Although we make hand-crafted frames, you will find that our prices are very interesting compared to the prices of city centre framers and that they also include home delivery.
How can you offer hand-crafted quality at Internet prices ?
- The Atelier d’Encadrement workshop is located in the North of France, far from the exorbitant rents faced by framers in big cities.
- Similarly, the size of our workshop allows us to store many mouldings, which framers based in the city centre with less storage space cannot do. We can therefore buy in larger quantities and pass on to you the savings we make on our raw materials.
- Versatility: the same person makes your frame, from the initial advice all the way to packaging. This way, no time or information is lost between each manufacturing step.
- Finally, as all our suppliers are in France or Europe, our replenishment lead times are short, and our transport costs reduced.
How do I know what type of frames to choose ?
If you send us a photo of the subject to be framed, we will send you framing mock-ups by email.
We will provide as many mock-ups as you need so we can find the right frame for you.
How much does delivery cost ?
Delivery of your frame to France or Europe is included in the price. No extra charges are added to the quote sent.
How can I be sure that you have received my payment and my subject to be framed ?
As soon as we receive your subject and payment, we will send you a confirmation email.
I can’t find a shopping cart or an order form on your site ?
Each production is personal and bespoke.
Once your request has been sent, we will contact you by email or telephone if you prefer.
Quotes, purchase orders, electronic invoices, and credit card payment requests will be sent to you by e-mail.
Do you deliver all over Europe ?
Yes, including Corsica, the French overseas departments and European countries that are not members of the European Union.
What if my frame doesn't arrive ?
We send all our parcels using the French post office’s tracked service for domestic and international deliveries.
We can track your package every step of the way using the French post office’s website, even if it is delayed.
You can also follow every step of the delivery process using your package tracking number.
What if my frame is broken when it arrives ?
We take great care to ensure that your frame is well wrapped.
However, should it arrive broken, if you send us photographic proof, we will craft another identical frame and send it to you again.
Is the price different if I come to the Atelier de Bailleul workshop in France ?
The price will be the same, but you will be able to choose directly from more than 500 models of mouldings.
Where do the materials you use come from ?
All the mouldings are made of wood from forests specially planted for craftsmanship.
All our raw materials come from France or the European Union.
How can we be sure that the frames are hand-crafted ?
All our frames are bespoke and hand-crafted on site by Isabelle and Rebecca.
If you wish, you can come and see how your frame is made or ask us to send you some pictures of the steps involved in making your frame.
REQUEST & QUOTE
We look forward to answering your questions or requests for quotes. Please fill in the fields below and we will answer you as soon as possible.